Hammer Toe Surgery near Bonner Springs Kansas
January 17, 2022 | Archive
Looking for the Best Hammer Toe Surgery in Bonner Springs Kansas?
Thanks for your interest in Hammer Toe Surgery near Bonner Springs Kansas
Contact us at the number below. We look forward to your call.
Call us at 816-455-3636
Affordable Hammer Toe Surgery near Bonner Springs Kansas
Welcome to the podiatry practice of Dr. Thomas Bembynista
Welcome to the podiatry practice of Dr. Thomas Bembynista, serving Overland Park and North Kansas City, Missouri. Our Overland Park office is at college Blvd and Antioch in the Bank of America Building and the North Kansas City location is at Green Hills Rd. and Barry Rd. Dr. Bembynista offers expert podiatric services and focuses on patient care and responding to individual patient needs.We treat Nail Fungus, Heel Pain, Plantar Fasciitis, Bunion’s, Ingrown Nail’s, Plantar Wart’s, Hammer Toe’s, Morton’s Neuroma, PRP Platelet Treatment, Tailor’s Bunion, and we make Custom Made Orthotics. When treating patient’s we always use conservative treatment before ever considering any type of surgical correction of the problem.
Dr. Bembynista is originally from Chicago but has been practicing in Kansas City for 37 years. He is married to the love of his life Barbara for 40 years and has a son. My philosophy is always to put the patient first, time will always be taken to listen to your problem and review treatments. Each care plan is tailored to your individual needs. We use advanced technology with digital x-rays, lasers, and instructional videos.
Dr. Bembynista is also Board Certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. He attended medical podiatry school in Chicago and did his training here in the Kansas City area in 1982. Both he and Barbara so loved the area they decided to stay and raise their family here.
What is a Podiatrist?
A podiatrist refers to a doctor in podiatric medicine (DPM), who specializes on the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of foot, ankle, and related structures. Podiatrists can treat foot conditions like bunions and hammertoe, plantar faciitis, and neuroma. They can also treat injuries to foot and ankle such as stress fractures or sprains. Podiatrists have completed four years of podiatry training and three year residency training at a hospital. They might specialize in surgery or wound care, diabetes care, or sports medicine.
About Bonner Springs Kansas
Bonner Springs is a city in Wyandotte, Leavenworth, and Johnson counties, Kansas, United States. It is part of the Kansas City Metropolitan Area. As of the 2020 census, the population of the city was 7,837. Bonner Springs was incorporated as a city on November 10, 1898.: 321 Bonner Springs is home to the Azura Amphitheater (commonly known as the Sandstone Amphitheater), the National Agricultural Center and Hall of Fame, Wyandotte County Historical Museum, and the annual Kansas City Renaissance Festival.
Spanish explorer Francisco Vázquez de Coronado spent the winter of 1541-1542 at what is now the area of Bonner Springs. The diary of Father Juan Padilla records that the expedition reached the 40th degree (Kansas northern border) and came to a great river (the Missouri). An inscription found on a stone near Atchison has been translated as, “Thus far came Francisco de Coronado, General of an Expedition.” The explorers traveled downstream to the mouth of another great river, the Kansas, and preceded upstream 16 leagues to camp in what is now Bonner Springs before returning to Mexico. Due to the mineral springs, this legend gave the area its first recorded name, “Coronado Springs”.
The Kanza people had settled the area because of the mineral springs and abundant fish and game when, in 1812, two French fur traders, the Chouteau brothers, made their way from St. Louis and temporally settled in the area that would eventually become Bonner Springs, starting a trading post named “Four Houses”. The location allowed easy access to trade items, and a ferry to cross the Kansas River was added. With a date of 1812, it is reputed to be the first commercial center and permanent settlement in Kansas. In 1830, Henry Tiblow, a Delaware Indian, took charge of the ferry. Tiblow was a Delaware Indian who worked as an interpreter for the government. He lived in a small cabin on the west side of the city.
The location became known as “Tiblow Settlement”, and the ferry continued working for years. John McDanield, or “Red John” due to hair color, is known as the founder of Bonner Springs – as we know it today. As the owner of a vast majority of land that is now Bonner Springs, McDaniel named the town “Tiblow”, after his friend Henry.
Several of the springs in the area were analysed for their mineral content, and the results indicated benefits that would attract visitors. The Bonner Springs Improvement Club, in 1907, created a promotional brochure touting the city as the “Kansas Karlsbad” and listing the contents of five springs near Lake of the Woods: Big Chief, Little Chief, Papoose, Old Squaw and Minnehaha. They listed “grains per gallon” of things like potassium sulphate, carbonate of iron, and chloride of sodium for each.
Big Chief was noted to be “splendid water for anemics, supplying the necessary properties for good red blood and driving out the dead and impure corpuscles.”
Old Squaw was reportedly so named because “the old women of Indian tribes once living in Kansas found relief from their intense dyspepsia caused by their heavy meat diet and little or no exercise.”
To promote the springs, a special train brought investors to the area and cited its proximity to Kansas City, the springs themselves, the fine parks and native trees, the site of a racetrack, and the beautiful residential sites as advantages that would assure the success of the mineral spring venture. In 1885, Philo Clark purchased 300 acres (120 ha) from McDanield, with plans to capitalize on the mineral springs, then changed the name of the town to “Bonner Springs”. The latter portion of the name comes from a mineral spring in the area said to have medicinal qualities. The town was named after Robert E. Bonner, a publisher of the New York Ledger, who was a trotting-horse breeder of note, and Clark believed would help fund the proposed racetrack. However, there is no record this occurred.
Bonner Springs continued to be prosperous, with a growing population and new businesses. In 1908, a fire caused over $70,000 – over $350,000 in today’s dollars – worth of damage and destroyed between 19 and 21 local businesses. There were no water mains at the time, even though the city council had debated the issue for some time.
Many locals came to the rescue, forming a water bucket chain to help put out the fire, while they waited for a fire truck from Kansas City to arrive. An investigation indicated that materials behind Kelly & Pettit’s Drug Store had caught on fire, and the winds carried the flames, making the fire difficult to control. Residents of Bonner Springs undertook thousands of dollars worth of repairs.